"Join Game"

Hordes of zombies wait to be killed...
A§H»JÓÒK

"Join Game"

Post by A§H»JÓÒK »

Does anyone know why I'm never able to join someone through Steam to an ASH KF server?
100% of the time I can't join to any of our servers but the majority of the time I can join my friends on other Killing Floor server. Is it a mod/"mutator" that isn't installed or a port that needs to be opened on the server?
A§H»Stealth
ASH General
ASH General

Re: "Join Game"

Post by A§H»Stealth »

About the time that my perks quit working, I was no longer able to join off of people's steams (i.e. "Join Game"). I also lost the ability to join people through the Friends tab once you're looking for servers, which I know I can do on games like CS:GO.

Seems to me that it is KF specific, but I'm not sure exactly why it does it. I'm interested to see what we figure out.
Personal High Score:
Special thanks to the gang of usuals and the new Server 8: 2200 2 February 2014
Testing the new server 1 with Shimmer, Jordan, BoPeep, and Crash: 2245 26 May 2015
A§H»Xoth
Captain
Captain

Post by A§H»Xoth »

How are you trying to join the game? Are you using steam before killing floor is launched or the Friends tab within killing floor?
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown”
ImageImage
Steam: xoth99 / Evolve: xoth / Raptr: xoth99 / Origin: xoth99
Mandalor

Post by Mandalor »

A§H»Xoth wrote:How are you trying to join the game? Are you using steam before killing floor is launched or the Friends tab within killing floor?
I myself can't connect to ASH servers when I'm in game via a friend tab or even out of game. Won't work.
-Mandalor
97 Aimbot Catches | 35 ESP Catches

Steam: The Deer Hunter | Evolve: theniteowl | Raptr: theniteowl | Origin: 90sguy
ImageImage
Resigned - 29 September, 2015
Colonel - 7 March, 2015
Saint of the Month - 3 March, 2015
Major - 10 January, 2015
Captain - 9 June, 2014
Lieutenant - 22 November, 2013
Saint of the Month - 18 July, 2013
Sergeant -12 July, 2013
Corporal - 8 June, 2013
Private - 9 May, 2013
Applicant - 9 May, 2013
A§H»Xoth
Captain
Captain

Post by A§H»Xoth »

If you're trying to join a game through steam from a friend then it probably wont work. Killing floor is just broken in that way I guess. There are work arounds. You can view the game information of the friend's server to find the server IP, and then go to killing floor and insert it manually there. Or it may show in killing floor itself under the Friends tab, but that's buggy too.
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown”
ImageImage
A§H»JÓÒK

Post by A§H»JÓÒK »

A§H»Xoth wrote:How are you trying to join the game? Are you using steam before killing floor is launched or the Friends tab within killing floor?
I try joining my friend through Steam, with KF not running. 100% of the time I can't connect to our servers but roughly 80% of the time I can connect to other random servers using the same method if the same friend is playing there.
A§H»Xoth wrote:If you're trying to join a game through steam from a friend then it probably wont work. Killing floor is just broken in that way I guess. There are work arounds. You can view the game information of the friend's server to find the server IP, and then go to killing floor and insert it manually there. Or it may show in killing floor itself under the Friends tab, but that's buggy too.
I've never seen the point of the friends tab because it's always empty, even when I have friends playing in public servers. Perhaps it's just my installation (though I've installed KF about a dozen times in the past months) :/
A§H»Xoth
Captain
Captain

Post by A§H»Xoth »

A§H»ĴΘΘĶ wrote:
I try joining my friend through Steam, with KF not running. 100% of the time I can't connect to our servers but roughly 80% of the time I can connect to other random servers using the same method if the same friend is playing there.
A§H»Xoth wrote:If you're trying to join a game through steam from a friend then it probably wont work. Killing floor is just broken in that way I guess. There are work arounds. You can view the game information of the friend's server to find the server IP, and then go to killing floor and insert it manually there. Or it may show in killing floor itself under the Friends tab, but that's buggy too.
I've never seen the point of the friends tab because it's always empty, even when I have friends playing in public servers. Perhaps it's just my installation (though I've installed KF about a dozen times in the past months) :/
To all the above. . . Killing floor friend join is buggy. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It has nothing to do with our servers, not sure why you have a 80-0% difference. On saturday night while playing killing floor I invited a steam friend who had never joined one of our servers before, to join my Ash game with the steam alt-tab overlay. Clicked his name picked invite to game, and there he was in the game.
Sometimes the "friends" killing floor in game tab works, but usually never. Like I said before only sure fire way to send server information when all else fails is for the friend to use steam, click on your server information, copy the ip to killing floor in game, and then join the server.
ImageImage