Changing Your In-Game Font

Any and all Halo Server News Here
shiNe!

Changing Your In-Game Font

Post by shiNe! »

Ever wanted to change your in-game font color?
Ever wanted to move the text around the screen?
Like to customize your game?
In this tutorial, I will show you with simplicity how to customize your in-game font style, color, and a little bit about placement. You will need to experiment on your own to truly figure out how it works, but use this as a starter guide.

In this picture, you can see that I changed my text placement, color, and style.
To start,
1. Open up Halo PC or Halo CE and find out what your gaming resolution is. To do this go as follows, Settings>Video Setup>Resolution.
2. Now open up your program files/Microsoft games/Halo/Content, or right click your Halo PC/CE icon and click 'Open File Location' and go to the 'contents' folder.
3. Match up your screen resolution in Halo with the resolutionlog in the contents folder.
IE: I use 800x600 so therefore I edit the 600log. So once you have matched your resolution with the right file, open up your file (log) with notepad.
You should see text similar to this;
<ksml>
<head/>
<body>
<listbox left="5" top="330" width="720" height="150" id="oListbox"
textbackground="#00000000" outerborder="#00000000"
innerborder="#00000000" shadow="#00000000" highlight="#00000000"
textcolor="#ffffffff" font="Arial Narrow-10-bold"
/>
</body>
</ksml>

4. To edit the text color what you want to do is edit the "textcolor="#ffffffff" You want to change the ffffffff to any HTML color code you choose.
Mine: textcolor="#ff1787F0"

However, you'll notice as you're choosing your color that in HTML codes you're given 6 digits whereas in the log you will notice that you have 8 digits. After previous experimentation I was able to figure out that the first two digits are "opacity" - or how "solid" the color is rendered. So the first two (of eight) digits should always be "ff"!
Just FYI, since - if I recall - sometimes the text disappears completely unless you have the opacity enabled.

5. You can also change your font style by going to Format at the top of the log screen, and then by replacing the original 'Arial Narrow' with your selected font.
Original: font="Arial Narrow-10-bold"
Mine: font="Times New Roman-8-regular"

6. And lastly, you can change the text placement. This is a little bit tricky and I'm still understanding it, so you will want to experiment this on your own.
To get my text in the upper right side of the screen I have my line placements at: left="5" top="200" width="200" height="160"

Now before you edit anything, always back up your files.
Enjoy!!

A§H»shiNe!
“It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time.
That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
Krazychic

Re: Changing Your In-Game Font

Post by Krazychic »

Notepad++ is the easiest for this and if used a line number would be a great addition to your tutorial for finding the exact lines to be edited.
Rumors are carried by haters
Spread by fools
and
Accepted by idiots
A§H»JÓÒK

Re: Changing Your In-Game Font

Post by A§H»JÓÒK »

Great tutorial :clap

Here's a backup of the entire Contents folder in case anyone needs the original files.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tztv75yyp8rnu ... T.zip?dl=1