Kübler-Ross model on Halo

Post in here if you got some awesome videos or pictures to share!
Mandalor

Kübler-Ross model on Halo

Post by Mandalor »

1. Denial — As the reality of Halo is hard to face, one of the first reactions to follow the loss is Denial. The person is trying to shut out the reality or magnitude of his/her situation, and begins to develop a false, preferable Halo reality.

2. Anger — Once in the second stage, the individual recognizes that denial cannot continue. Because of anger, the person is very difficult to care for due to misplaced feelings of rage and envy. The person in question can be angry with himself, or with others, or at a higher power, and especially those who are close to them. Certain psychological responses of a person undergoing this phase would be: "Why me? It's not fair!"; "How can this happen to me?"; '"Who is to blame?"; "Why would Halo let this happen?"

3. Bargaining — The third stage involves the hope that the individual can somehow undo or avoid Halo. Usually, the negotiation for playing video games is made with exchange for a reformed lifestyle full of Steam Games. In essence, the individual cannot totally move into acceptance yet acknowledges the fact that what has happened cannot be undone. People facing less serious trauma can bargain or seek to negotiate a compromise. For example, one may say "Can we still be friends?" when facing a break-up with Halo. Bargaining with Steam rarely provides a sustainable solution, especially if it is a matter of Halo or death.

4. Depression — "I'm so sad, why bother with anything?"; "I'm going to die soon so what's the point?"; "I miss my loved one, why go on?"
During the fourth stage, the grieving person begins to understand the certainty of Halo. Much like the existential concept of The Void, the idea of gaming becomes pointless. Things begin to lose meaning to the griever. Because of this, the individual may become silent, refuse visitors and spend much of the time crying and sullen. This process allows the grieving person to disconnect from things of love and affection, possibly in an attempt to avoid further trauma. Depression could be referred to as the dress rehearsal for the 'aftermath'. It is a kind of acceptance with emotional attachment. It is natural to feel sadness, regret, fear, and uncertainty when going through this stage. Feeling those emotions shows that the person has begun to accept the situation. Oftentimes, this is the ideal path to take, to find closure and make their ways to the fifth step, Acceptance.

4. Acceptance — "It's going to be okay."; "I can't fight it, I may as well prepare for it."
In this last stage, if the person is able to reach it, individuals begin to come to terms with their mortality or inevitable future, or that of Halo. This stage varies according to the person's situation. This typically comes with a calm, retrospective view for the individual, and a stable mindset.

I got bored. Shhh. I wanted to relate this to a real life model >.>
-Mandalor
Attachments
Kubler-Ross lower qualities.gif
Kubler-Ross lower qualities.gif (72.17 KiB) Viewed 1632 times
97 Aimbot Catches | 35 ESP Catches

Steam: The Deer Hunter | Evolve: theniteowl | Raptr: theniteowl | Origin: 90sguy
ImageImage
Resigned - 29 September, 2015
Colonel - 7 March, 2015
Saint of the Month - 3 March, 2015
Major - 10 January, 2015
Captain - 9 June, 2014
Lieutenant - 22 November, 2013
Saint of the Month - 18 July, 2013
Sergeant -12 July, 2013
Corporal - 8 June, 2013
Private - 9 May, 2013
Applicant - 9 May, 2013