New Game formats

Post for anything in the forums that dosn't belong anywhere else. Not the place for spam.
Elbarto

Re: New Game formats

Post by Elbarto »

#11 looks fine...normal zombie speed and working rtv.
#13 won't be up until we get better traffic on the other 2 again.
Votekick had some bugs and people used it for bad things.
Why is it neccessary that the server should have the full word "Zombie" instead of the Z?
If the traffic comes back people will get used to the Z only.

.: Beer Drinker & Hell Raiser :.

Mandalor

Post by Mandalor »

A§H»Elbarto wrote: Why is it neccessary that the server should have the full word "Zombie" instead of the Z?
I've gotten a lot of comments and complaints at time of the naming of the servers. The name Z seemed to confuse a lot of the players and even members q.q
-Mandalor
97 Aimbot Catches | 35 ESP Catches

Steam: The Deer Hunter | Evolve: theniteowl | Raptr: theniteowl | Origin: 90sguy
ImageImage
Resigned - 29 September, 2015
Colonel - 7 March, 2015
Saint of the Month - 3 March, 2015
Major - 10 January, 2015
Captain - 9 June, 2014
Lieutenant - 22 November, 2013
Saint of the Month - 18 July, 2013
Sergeant -12 July, 2013
Corporal - 8 June, 2013
Private - 9 May, 2013
Applicant - 9 May, 2013
A§H»Xoth
Captain
Captain

Post by A§H»Xoth »

A§H»Mandalor wrote:
A§H»Elbarto wrote: Why is it neccessary that the server should have the full word "Zombie" instead of the Z?
I've gotten a lot of comments and complaints at time of the naming of the servers. The name Z seemed to confuse a lot of the players and even members q.q
-Mandalor
I think it matters because if you go to search for "zombies" on xfire or gametracker our servers will not show. The lobby :( just shows AshZ. Whatever that means.
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown”
ImageImage
Steam: xoth99 / Evolve: xoth / Raptr: xoth99 / Origin: xoth99
Wizard

Post by Wizard »

A§H»Paranoia wrote:Regardless of what exact changes were made, I think it's obvious that popular demand wants it to go back to what it was.....So instead of nit-picking each and every little change that was made, can we just change it back to the non-sucky version?
I spent hours busting my balls making all of this work with the new phasor, there's no way we're turning back because there are A FEW THINGS that are not perfect. With the new phasor we have servers that do not crash and more features that are possible because of it.
A§H»Paranoia wrote: -The server names- "Z" is not ok. Change it back to the full word 'zombies' and the server number.
The generals decide what the servers are named. Take it up with them.
A§H»Paranoia wrote: -We used to have three zombies servers and now we have two, but because these are terrible, traffic is low on them anyway...
We did not see a point in having 3 zombie servers when they would all stay at 13 players each... it seemed more appropriate to have fewer zombie servers so we could fill them easier.
A§H»Paranoia wrote: -The speed of the zombies is higher...it's kind of excessive...kinda fun, but kinda really excessive.
Like I said already... I have fixed this. The changes were applied about half an hour ago.
A§H»Paranoia wrote: -rtv is gone or "disabled". That sucks monkey balls. Please bring rtv back.
I've double checked both servers. BOTH servers have RTV enabled. So either you haven't checked recently or you might be mistaking which server you've tried it on.
A§H»Paranoia wrote: -votekick is gone...which is GREAT except for when there are people that want to block when no admins are on...we can't do a thing to get rid of them and that sucks super monkey balls.......
Alright you've got me on this, I don't know why votekick doesn't work even though it's enabled. I will look into it.
A§H»Paranoia wrote: -There is a glitch that happens quite often that you were "killed by an angry ghost" or some craziness (why did we change that anyway? The guardians RULE. Angry ghost just makes it sound....like what? Considering a "ghost" is a vehicle used in halo, that logic makes no sense...just change it back to guardians.........), and that makes it so you basically don't die....I played a game the other day where that happened to me four times in a row when I was the last human...people thought I was hacking. lol
Firstly it's not a 'glitch', it's a part of halo and it exists whenever the server doesn't know who killed the player (usually because they are already dead when their attack hits the other player). It was changed to an angry ghost for lols, since you are the second person to complain about it I will change it back. Also it does not happen MORE often, it happens the exact same amount of times as it's used to.
A§H»Paranoia wrote: -If a zombie turns back to human when they kill the last human, there is a glitch that causes the "nav" to still point to the previous human...making the ACTUAL new last human invisible, which SUCKS, especially in big maps where there are a million hiding places.
Small issue concerning the bigger issue which was present in the OLDER ZOMBIES, where a person would become human after 5 infects (where their 5th infect was the last human) they would become the last human, and the game would still end. Although you are right. I am going to fix this, I've wrote it in my to-do list.
A§H»Paranoia wrote: -Hmm.....what else? OOOOH the humans no longer have the "light boost" thing, which I personally think is AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......however, when people do somehow "hack" to certain places (like the top of the wire in gephy, or some places in ice fields", with votekick disabled, we have no way to get rid of them. If there are admins in there, they kick or kill the person. But yeah, we need to find a way to make certain places out of bounds...perhaps use the same idea as people use to disable weapons and vehicles in some servers (like when you try to pick up a weapon and it won't let you)...I don't know how to do that, but yeah it's weird when people have no boost and still manage to get to the places that you need one to get to...
I'm not saying that this isn't a problem, but the focus of this thread is to fix the things that were changed when we are updating the phasor, and since those issues seem to be numerous, we should focus on those first instead of worrying about things that were already present in the older version.
A§H»Paranoia wrote: -The afk kick is gone. It no longer kicks afks, or at least not that I've seen. We haven't had a major issue with afks lately (since no one wants to play there anyway)...but yeah. Bring that back...seriously. Afks need to be kicked (not sent to the bottom of the map or whatever it used to do), otherwise the game gets very annoying.
The afk script actually works a bit differently than removing afks. What it does is it hides afks until the server fills, then it will kick one afk until the server fills again, then it will kick another, and so on until their are no more afks left, and the server is full. That way if there's only 5 people and 2 are afk, the server will still have those people in it when they come back. This was the same in the older phasor.
A§H»Paranoia wrote: -As of yesterday when I tried once again to play zombies, it was still 4 kills to turn back to human. 5 is better because some people are just too darn good. It's always been 5. Let's keep it that way.
I think I changed it to 4 because I had a lot of good recommendations about it and it seemed to work really well when I was testing it. If there are a lot of people that agree with you I will change it back, but personally I think 4 is a bit easier to achieve, and not so far near impossible.
A§H»Paranoia wrote: So yeah...that's just off the top of my head since wizard wants to defend every little change that has been made. I don't understand why days later we're still having to PERSUADE whoever changed the servers that they are, in fact, different, and that they do, in fact, do great impressions of a vacuum. The fact of the matter is that things are NOT ok in the zombies servers.....and they need an overhaul....*ahem*, a GOOD overhaul.
"Don't fix it if it ain't broke."

-Bert Lance
Please do try to keep in mind that I've tried to keep everything the same, spending hours a day on one thing, making sure it works, testing this here and there, and I put what I thought was a near-perfect replica of the old phasor. I am not perfect, no one is.

Also things need to be updated so that it can be expanded on later with newer features. The amount of new things that we can do with the newer phasor is so much greater than the old that it was worth all of the pain that we're going through just to get this where we want it.

Also, I have no idea why no one has complained about this before, as this is the first I've heard about the people. having complains/issues with it. This is why I say you should come to me with ideas/complains about the servers, as all of the cool features that are on the server are created/maintained by me.

Please try to keep in mind all of you that I'm doing the best I can, and that ripping on me is not going to solve anything, except make me not want to listen to your ideas.
Last edited by Wizard on April 15th, 2014, 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your Mom: Rated E for Everyone

"Hey what are those big f*cking golden things that you bang together" - Crash
Mandalor

Post by Mandalor »

No but seriously wizard, "Killed by an Angry Ghost" occurs way to often. I got it like three times in a row once. It's way way way to common. It sounds crazy but it happens way more then you think.
-Mandalor
97 Aimbot Catches | 35 ESP Catches

Steam: The Deer Hunter | Evolve: theniteowl | Raptr: theniteowl | Origin: 90sguy
ImageImage
Resigned - 29 September, 2015
Colonel - 7 March, 2015
Saint of the Month - 3 March, 2015
Major - 10 January, 2015
Captain - 9 June, 2014
Lieutenant - 22 November, 2013
Saint of the Month - 18 July, 2013
Sergeant -12 July, 2013
Corporal - 8 June, 2013
Private - 9 May, 2013
Applicant - 9 May, 2013
Wizard

Post by Wizard »

A§H»Mandalor wrote:No but seriously wizard, "Killed by an Angry Ghost" occurs way to often. I got it like three times in a row once. It's way way way to common. It sounds crazy but it happens way more then you think.
-Mandalor
I believe you. It may be because of the increased speed (which has been fixed). Just in case it's not I will double check my code.

A§H»JÓÒK

Post by A§H»JÓÒK »

A§H»Wizard wrote:The afk script actually works a bit differently than removing afks. What it does is it hides afks until the server fills, then it will kick one afk until the server fills again, then it will kick another, and so on until their are no more afks left, and the server is full. That way if there's only 5 people and 2 are afk, the server will still have those people in it when they come back. This was the same in the older phasor.
I am amazed by this! I never knew... :awesome:
A§H»Wizard wrote:
Please try to keep in mind all of you that I'm doing the best I can, and that ripping on me is not going to solve anything, except make me not want to listen to your ideas.
I'd like to remind everyone...
Wiz is a clan member, he volunteers, he does not get paid ( to the best of my knowledge :lol: ).

Though I occasionally have ideas, suggestions or complaints about some of the features or lack thereof,
I appreciate the things Wizard has done and is continuing to do for our clan AND Halo.
Paranoia

Post by Paranoia »

A§H»Mandalor wrote:
-Mandalor
^Exactly.
Paranoia

Post by Paranoia »

"Please try to keep in mind all of you that I'm doing the best I can, and that ripping on me is not going to solve anything, except make me not want to listen to your ideas."

You can take it personally, or you can accept sound constructive criticism from the people dealing directly with the changes you implemented.

We've listed the changes we've noted, what we like/dislike about it, and ways to fix those things or suggestions or requests on what to change...

Again, you can take it personally if you'd like, but none of this is personal.

Considering I'm someone who plays in the zombie servers almost daily, I'd listen to my thoughts and ideas on this. I have seen the changes first-hand, and I have witnessed what works and what doesn't.

Sonor informed me after my long awesome post before that he had just fixed server 11 that afternoon. That's fine. I work for a living and posted that just after getting off work for the evening. I stand by each and everything I said.

Forgive me for being a little anal about changes to the halo servers...MAYBE THAT'S WHY I PLAY A 12 YEAR-OLD GAME, HUH? Old is better. If I wanted to play every brand-spanking new game that came out, I would. But I prefer my old-fashioned, lame-ass graphics HALO 1 PC. So sue me.
Wizard

Post by Wizard »

A§H»Paranoia wrote:"Please try to keep in mind all of you that I'm doing the best I can, and that ripping on me is not going to solve anything, except make me not want to listen to your ideas."

You can take it personally, or you can accept sound constructive criticism from the people dealing directly with the changes you implemented.

We've listed the changes we've noted, what we like/dislike about it, and ways to fix those things or suggestions or requests on what to change...

Again, you can take it personally if you'd like, but none of this is personal.

Considering I'm someone who plays in the zombie servers almost daily, I'd listen to my thoughts and ideas on this. I have seen the changes first-hand, and I have witnessed what works and what doesn't.

Sonor informed me after my long awesome post before that he had just fixed server 11 that afternoon. That's fine. I work for a living and posted that just after getting off work for the evening. I stand by each and everything I said.

Forgive me for being a little anal about changes to the halo servers...MAYBE THAT'S WHY I PLAY A 12 YEAR-OLD GAME, HUH? Old is better. If I wanted to play every brand-spanking new game that came out, I would. But I prefer my old-fashioned, lame-ass graphics HALO 1 PC. So sue me.
I wasn't talking to just you there, and i'm not taking it personally; i'm just saying if it goes any further I may start to lose interest and then nothing will get done.

Also I was the one that fixed #11, sonor just uploaded the changes.

Lastly if you think we need to fix something, pleaes also take into account all the work that was made into making the update. You pretty much just asked this clan to tear apart countless hours that we (mostly I) have done just because of a few minor issues.