Are we becoming AFK?

Post for anything in the forums that dosn't belong anywhere else. Not the place for spam.
TheMonk

Are we becoming AFK?

Post by TheMonk »

Hey guys, are we becoming inactive? We are never on Teamspeak or Discord that much anymore. Just wanted to share my thoughts.

-MonkeyBuggy
:: Evolve: MonkeyBuggy | Gametracker: monkeybuggy | Xbox Live: M0nkeyBuggy ::
When life throws rocks, get a nuke - Evan J. B. de Santos
A§H»Tucker

Re: Are we becoming AFK?

Post by A§H»Tucker »

I think people are generally busier this time of year (school starts, etc.) There's still people on Halo and posting on the forums at least and I think that keeps people together as a community.
Teamspeak is definitely less active but that seems to change time to time depending on work/school since so many people in the clan have a job or are in college now.
I find myself a lot less active too, even though I'd love to be on ts3 and playing killing floor and all, but my classes are crazy this quarter.

TheMonk

Post by TheMonk »

I mean, tbh, you're totally right. It's just it gets sorta annoying when like there is NO ONE on Teamspeak when I get on (3:00 PM EST), and I can't stay up past midnight on ANY day of the week. So like usually only Jordan or Wolf I can speak with, and sometimes not even Jordan (no offense Jordan, we all love you :3). But the forums are pretty much, as you said, the only thing that keeps us together.

-MonkeyBuggy
A§H»Stealth
ASH General
ASH General

Post by A§H»Stealth »

To be terse, 1500 GMT -5 is midday for a bunch of us. All of us with jobs are still at work at that point, and those with classes usually aren't done by then either. The forums are a great, passive way for everyone to keep in contact with schedules of varying complexity. And as Tucker said, this is the middle of the semester for those of us in classes, and a busy season for those employed.

Have patience, ASH is still very much alive. We're all still here, we're all still loyal, but real life always takes first priority.
Personal High Score:
Special thanks to the gang of usuals and the new Server 8: 2200 2 February 2014
Testing the new server 1 with Shimmer, Jordan, BoPeep, and Crash: 2245 26 May 2015
TheMonk

Post by TheMonk »

A§H»Stealth wrote:To be terse, 1500 GMT -5 is midday for a bunch of us. All of us with jobs are still at work at that point, and those with classes usually aren't done by then either. The forums are a great, passive way for everyone to keep in contact with schedules of varying complexity. And as Tucker said, this is the middle of the semester for those of us in classes, and a busy season for those employed.

Have patience, A§H is still very much alive. We're all still here, we're all still loyal, but real life always takes first priority.
Amen brother, amen.
A§H»JÓÒK

Post by A§H»JÓÒK »

Another thing we can do is if our leadership and officers have time to post multiple things in hidden sections, we could take just a minute more to post a song, picture or even participate in the stagnant spam section.

All forum members and guests can see who's logged on AND posted on in a 24 hour period we could perhaps take a moment to shout out. it doesn't have to be a profound post in the public section every time someone logs on.

Otherwise it does kinda seem dead if only a handful of people use the forums and even fewer use it in strictly an official capacity.
A§H»Asi
ASH General
ASH General

Post by A§H»Asi »

College is hard

pls help
Asi | Greg
A§H»WillRok

Post by A§H»WillRok »

A§H»Asi wrote:College is hard

pls help

What, he's.......alive? I thought for sure that this brave soul was no longer with us and had passed on to a better place. A miracle has come to pass, truly.

get on moar douche <3

Yea, people get busy, they move on in their life to new things/games. Kinda sucks but it's the way things are. I really loved halo but I don't see myself getting back into it at this point unless something changed. If there was a multi-clan tournament or if it was just weekly or bi-weekly clan events that people actually showed up for I would probably think about starting to play again.
Impulse: JAMIE
°jamie: HELLO
Impulse: wait
Impulse: is this jamie
Impulse: or is it her brother
°jamie: this time its me
°jamie: he plays rocket league
°jamie: on my account
°jamie: lol
Impulse: but how do i know
°jamie: usually i tell him to go offline tho
°jamie: >_>