4th gen intel and GTX 700 series out

Enter your questions, tips and tricks about software, hardware, electronics, etc. Help and be helped.
«DG»Suika

4th gen intel and GTX 700 series out

Post by «DG»Suika »

As you'd guess, both new generations are similar to the last, with a little more power. The 800 and 5000 series are expected to offer entirely different architectures given Intel's and Nvidia's theme.

Intel's Haswell series is out with rather disappointing improvements over the last series, only a 5-15% increase show in benchmark tests. On the plus side to the release, there are some awesome deals in Microcenter as per usual, for those fortunate souls close enough to one.

http://microcenter.com/site/brands/inte ... ndles.aspx

For the price to performance, I'd pay the extra $15 for the i7-3770k rather than the i5-4670k. I'm still getting the i5-3570k instead, as you're not getting any bottle necking out of the CPU for years to come.

As well, the GTX 780 and 770 are out and are offering outstanding performance. The 770 being an improved GTX 680, and the 780 being a smaller Titan. I'm getting a 770 myself, since it's more powerful than a 680 and cheaper too.
Get busy living.
SÕNOR

Re: 4th gen intel and GTX 700 series out

Post by SÕNOR »

Wow

Looks amazing :thunbsup
The A§H Clan Often Imitated Never Duplicated
I Accept Rachel's Challenge
Travis

Post by Travis »

Thanks Suika! I'm looking for a new PC (still), I'll have to consider these now ;)
«DG»Suika

Post by «DG»Suika »

For your given budget, none of the new 700 series or even the haswell series should be considered. Go with AMD's FX line, cheap and still strong.
Get busy living.