Recoding Halo Vids

Enter your questions, tips and tricks about software, hardware, electronics, etc. Help and be helped.
Mandalor

Recoding Halo Vids

Post by Mandalor »

I guess this could be a free opened thread. Does anyone have tips on recording halo vids? I have become clueless on what my options should be. Should the video be half size or full size? That bugs me sometimes and I don't understand the meaning of it.  And do the fps affect size of file?

And how should videos be disposed of? Like lets say you caught a botter and he's been prosecuted and had the ban hammer on him.... Should the videos be deleted or should they be stored? And if stored should they be compressed? 

Agh. Xfire is to confusing.  :banghead:

-Mandalor
97 Aimbot Catches | 35 ESP Catches

Steam: The Deer Hunter | Evolve: theniteowl | Raptr: theniteowl | Origin: 90sguy
ImageImage
Resigned - 29 September, 2015
Colonel - 7 March, 2015
Saint of the Month - 3 March, 2015
Major - 10 January, 2015
Captain - 9 June, 2014
Lieutenant - 22 November, 2013
Saint of the Month - 18 July, 2013
Sergeant -12 July, 2013
Corporal - 8 June, 2013
Private - 9 May, 2013
Applicant - 9 May, 2013
A§H»WillRok

Re: Recoding Halo Vids

Post by A§H»WillRok »

Which size you should use will depend on several things, many of which will be can your computer handle that, and do you have enough HDD space for it. Recording full size means that it records at the resolution that you are playing at, and half size is half the resolution size that your playing halo at. Obviously full size will mean that the video is going to be higher quality and therefor watchable, but if you play at a higher resolution your computer may not be able to handle it. If you play at 1440x900 or more, recording half size videos is fine because they are still watchable, but if you play with a lower resolution than its better to record in full size as long as your computer can handle it.

Fps is basically how many frames or 'pictures' there are per second. The more there are the smoother the video will appear, but if there are only a couple the video will look like a slideshow and will be unwatchable. The more FPS you record the larger the video will be, but it will also be smoother. 30 FPS is watchable but it is kinda choppy, but unless you have a decent computer and a big enough hard drive it may not be an option for you to record 60 FPS.
Impulse: JAMIE
°jamie: HELLO
Impulse: wait
Impulse: is this jamie
Impulse: or is it her brother
°jamie: this time its me
°jamie: he plays rocket league
°jamie: on my account
°jamie: lol
Impulse: but how do i know
°jamie: usually i tell him to go offline tho
°jamie: >_>
Impulse: say something only jamie would know
°jamie: because i'm jamie
°jamie: and i'm not mean
°jamie: and we played portal 2 together
°jamie: once
°jamie: :D
Impulse: LOL
Impulse: yep
Impulse: you're jamie
Mandalor

Re: Recoding Halo Vids

Post by Mandalor »

Aha!!! :) Makes better sense. Thank ya Will. I guess I can record full size because my resolution is as low as can be. As for the fps I will take heed of your advice. ;)
-Mandalor
97 Aimbot Catches | 35 ESP Catches

Steam: The Deer Hunter | Evolve: theniteowl | Raptr: theniteowl | Origin: 90sguy
ImageImage
Resigned - 29 September, 2015
Colonel - 7 March, 2015
Saint of the Month - 3 March, 2015
Major - 10 January, 2015
Captain - 9 June, 2014
Lieutenant - 22 November, 2013
Saint of the Month - 18 July, 2013
Sergeant -12 July, 2013
Corporal - 8 June, 2013
Private - 9 May, 2013
Applicant - 9 May, 2013