Helpful Teamspeak Addon

Enter your questions, tips and tricks about software, hardware, electronics, etc. Help and be helped.
A§H»Stealth
ASH General
ASH General

Helpful Teamspeak Addon

Post by A§H»Stealth »

I've overheard a few people saying that they wanted to get this addon, so I figured I'd put together this tutorial to help you install this Teamspeak addon. It's particularly helpful because it allows the phonetic nickname of the person entering the channel to be announced. In game and want to know who the "user" who joined was? No more lost sleep!

Installation is fairly simple.
1. Go to this link, and download the 1.36MB .ts3_soundpack file
2. Open the file and install
3. Open Teamspeak, navigate to your Options window, and select notifications. Change the soundpack to the "[MI6] Ventrilo Soundpack"
4. Go to the menu bar. Press Self, and ensure that the soundpack selected matches the one you just chose in the previous step.
5. Restart Teamspeak, and add users to your contacts list gradually as you see them come on. This step is essential if you don't want to hear "AH double quote Crash joined your channel". By adding your own phonetic nickname, you can control how users are announced.

Known Pros/cons:

Pros:
-Announcement of Custom Phonetic Nicknames. Want to shorten your buddy's name or change it to an inside joke or something? Go for it!
-Announcement of names, so you can play games still and know who joined.

Cons:
-Channel sounds are taken from Ventrilo. Don't like the Vent sounds? You're a little out of luck here.
-The channel chat alert is extremely quiet, if nonexistant.
-If the user starts speaking immediately upon entry into the channel, their voice is drowned out by the soundpack announcement of the user joining your channel.
-You have to manually enter everyone into your contacts list in teamspeak. Their name may or may not be announced if you don't have it in your list.

I will be glad to troubleshoot this for anyone that is having difficulties. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to shoot me a message over xfire, or through a PM on the forums.

Enjoy!

Credit to Enzo for first showing this extension to me.
Personal High Score:
Special thanks to the gang of usuals and the new Server 8: 2200 2 February 2014
Testing the new server 1 with Shimmer, Jordan, BoPeep, and Crash: 2245 26 May 2015
A§H»Xoth
Captain
Captain

Re: Helpful Teamspeak Addon

Post by A§H»Xoth »

I've been using this for many months now. It's :good:
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown”
ImageImage
Steam: xoth99 / Evolve: xoth / Raptr: xoth99 / Origin: xoth99
Mandalor

Post by Mandalor »

Nice! Now when SONOR sets his Away status I can creat phonetics for it ;D Lol this thing is hilarious. So this is what I have been missing the whole time.
-Mandalor
97 Aimbot Catches | 35 ESP Catches

Steam: The Deer Hunter | Evolve: theniteowl | Raptr: theniteowl | Origin: 90sguy
ImageImage
Resigned - 29 September, 2015
Colonel - 7 March, 2015
Saint of the Month - 3 March, 2015
Major - 10 January, 2015
Captain - 9 June, 2014
Lieutenant - 22 November, 2013
Saint of the Month - 18 July, 2013
Sergeant -12 July, 2013
Corporal - 8 June, 2013
Private - 9 May, 2013
Applicant - 9 May, 2013
A§H»JÓÒK

Post by A§H»JÓÒK »

I hear a lot of people using this; It sounds neat. Perhaps I'll give it a try.
A§H»£duardo

Post by A§H»£duardo »

:thumbsup2:
A§H»Shimmer

Post by A§H»Shimmer »

Thanks Stealth, for this post that I missed at the time. I'm going to use it too.