Need Help.

Enter your questions, tips and tricks about software, hardware, electronics, etc. Help and be helped.
A§H»§mØkêʁϟ

Need Help.

Post by A§H»§mØkêʁϟ »

Lets see, for the past few days i try to play Halo combat evolved, but when playing my ping is spiking from 67 to 300+ :evil: . This isn't the first time something like this happened to me. So i took the same steps to fix it.
1. Delete all unwanted files from Winrar/download folders
2. Delete all games that i don't play (This time i deleted 10gb worth)
3. Use Ccleaner
4. Restart my modem
5. Play halo with no programs open
6. To be safe i downloaded another program called Optimizer Pro that scans the PC for issues. This program found over 2300 issues and fixed it, but my issue on halo is still there.
Normally by taking these steps my laptop doesn't work so hard and stabilizes my ping, but this time it didn't do that. Yes by taking these steps my laptop doesn't over heat as fast as it usually does, but when i play halo my ping is all over the place causing me to warp.
My ping on Ash servers and most servers hosted in the USA should be 33-40 ish or 65-69.
Things to keep in mind:
1. I have no issue surfing the web.
2. I can download/upload files fairly fast
3. When using a mobile device and connected to my wifi, i have issues watching videos/playing online games

That's it, if anyone has any idea of fixing this issue please post bellow and i will try it, and i will give you feed back if it works or doesn't.
Thank you.
A§H»Asi
ASH General
ASH General

Re: Need Help.

Post by A§H»Asi »

This used to happen to me a lot, but I'm not sure it was the same for me as it is for you now. Try doing these things:

1. Run a virus check on your computer. This was the reason my ping was spiking, a virus took over the program svc-host for me and I didn't notice it for a while.

2. Get rid of the optimizer program, they really do not do much.

3. Try running Halo as admin, or mess around with the firewall (maybe)

That is all I can think of at the moment. If I remember anything else I did, I'll post it here.
Asi | Greg
VOX

Post by VOX »

When you game do you use wifi or a cable connection?
If you use wifi you could try to change the channel of your modem/router.
Other electronic devices (in your house or at the neighbours) can interfere with
your wifi signal.

Also, if you use wifi, you could try it with a cable and see
if that improves things, pinning it on your wifi.
See you in the Haloverse, but hey, don't run, you'll just die tired!!

Former ASH-Clan General.
A§H»§mØkêʁϟ

Post by A§H»§mØkêʁϟ »

A§H»Asi wrote:This used to happen to me a lot, but I'm not sure it was the same for me as it is for you now. Try doing these things:

1. Run a virus check on your computer. This was the reason my ping was spiking, a virus took over the program svc-host for me and I didn't notice it for a while.

2. Get rid of the optimizer program, they really do not do much.

3. Try running Halo as admin, or mess around with the firewall (maybe)

That is all I can think of at the moment. If I remember anything else I did, I'll post it here.
Well first of all thank you Asi, i ran a virus check and found 2 viruses :twisted: i than allowed the program to delete them which fixed my warping issue :awesome: . Thank you everyone for the input.
A§H»§mØkêʁϟ

Post by A§H»§mØkêʁϟ »

Sadly this issue is back :/ i don't know if i am being ddos or what.. maybe i just might need a new router.
A§H»JÓÒK

Post by A§H»JÓÒK »

A§H»§mØkêʁϟ wrote:Sadly this issue is back :/ i don't know if i am being ddos or what.. maybe i just might need a new router.
If anti-virus software fixed it last time and it's back... perhaps try different anti-virus software?
In your other post I see you're using Norton, try using malwarebytes (i'm not promoting it, just sayin')
Also, try UN-installing most or ALL of this software too: http://forum.theashclan.com/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=6398 (if you haven't already)