How to add more ram to your pc harddrive space*

Enter your questions, tips and tricks about software, hardware, electronics, etc. Help and be helped.
A§H»Shock

How to add more ram to your pc harddrive space*

Post by A§H»Shock »

This is how to add more ram to your x64 bit system (or 32 bit if you have less then 4 gb of ram)

go to the control panel, system and security, then system, next advanced system settings.

a new window should open, go to the advanced tab, under performance click settings

go to the tab advanced you should see a option for programs and background services select programs,
go to virtual memory and click change, add as much ram as you want/have, apply then ok, somtimes you will be asked to restart your pc, so be ready for it ;) .

I think hard drive ram might be slower then normal ram but I might be wrong. . .

If you play mc I can tell you how to add more ram to it when you play it since default ram is 1gb.
When potatoes meet pototoes, what happens?
A§H»WillRok

Re: How to add more ram to your pc harddrive space*

Post by A§H»WillRok »

A§H»Shock wrote:I think hard drive ram might be slower then normal ram but I might be wrong. . .

Virtual memory (or hard drive ram as you put it) is significantly slower than actual RAM. Unless you have an SSD any virtual memory you have will most likely be to slow for most everything, especially games.
Impulse: JAMIE
°jamie: HELLO
Impulse: wait
Impulse: is this jamie
Impulse: or is it her brother
°jamie: this time its me
°jamie: he plays rocket league
°jamie: on my account
°jamie: lol
Impulse: but how do i know
°jamie: usually i tell him to go offline tho
°jamie: >_>
Impulse: say something only jamie would know
°jamie: because i'm jamie
°jamie: and i'm not mean
°jamie: and we played portal 2 together
°jamie: once
°jamie: :D
Impulse: LOL
Impulse: yep
Impulse: you're jamie
A§H»Shock

Re: How to add more ram to your pc harddrive space*

Post by A§H»Shock »

It worked for me, used to lag a lot when I ran 3ds max now I almost get no lag anymore, this is for people who have bad pc's with a poor amount of ram and want to make there games a little faster.
When potatoes meet pototoes, what happens?