Android L

Enter your questions, tips and tricks about software, hardware, electronics, etc. Help and be helped.
A§H»WillRok

Android L

Post by A§H»WillRok »

Just got the Android L update for my Moto X (2nd Gen) on AT&T. I haven't really explored it to much yet but so far I don't really care for the new keyboard. I like that the keyboard is white but I don't like that when you press on a letter a huge rectangle appears where you press that covers both the letter you pressed and the one above it. Other than that I think I like what I'm seeing.

Has anyone else gotten this update (or will you be getting this update)? To anyone that has the update or knows anything about it is there anything that I should know about? And lastly what do you think about the update?
Impulse: JAMIE
°jamie: HELLO
Impulse: wait
Impulse: is this jamie
Impulse: or is it her brother
°jamie: this time its me
°jamie: he plays rocket league
°jamie: on my account
°jamie: lol
Impulse: but how do i know
°jamie: usually i tell him to go offline tho
°jamie: >_>
Impulse: say something only jamie would know
°jamie: because i'm jamie
°jamie: and i'm not mean
°jamie: and we played portal 2 together
°jamie: once
°jamie: :D
Impulse: LOL
Impulse: yep
Impulse: you're jamie
A§H»Xoth
Captain
Captain

Re: Android L

Post by A§H»Xoth »

Been waiting for L since it's release back in November /December. I have a Note 4, so suppose to get it first, but Samsung takes forever to do these kinds of things. For now I use various apps to give me the functionality of L. I could get the apk, but would have to root, and don't want to do that. Might get it this month, but they've been saying that ever month.
As for your keyboard issue, I would highly recommend you try out SwiftKey. I find it very useful.
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown”
ImageImage
Steam: xoth99 / Evolve: xoth / Raptr: xoth99 / Origin: xoth99
A§H»Stealth
ASH General
ASH General

Post by A§H»Stealth »

Got L for my Nexus 7 a while back. Definitely not happy with it.

For the Nexus 7, it practically destroyed the keyboard and absolutely did decimate Chrome. Chrome takes up to 10 seconds to launch, the keyboard takes up to 5.
Not a fan of the new keyboard layout, but I suppose I will get used to it, much like I got used to the last one.

Hopefully the one I end up with on my phone won't be quite so buggy. They've had a good while between now and then to patch everything. Plus, they might have a little higher standards when dealing with a large phone company than just an update pushed to a random, contract-less tablet.

TL;DR: Give me back Jelly Bean.
Personal High Score:
Special thanks to the gang of usuals and the new Server 8: 2200 2 February 2014
Testing the new server 1 with Shimmer, Jordan, BoPeep, and Crash: 2245 26 May 2015
A§H»Xoth
Captain
Captain

Post by A§H»Xoth »

Finally after months of waiting samsung pushed L to the note 4. So far I'm happy with it, and was able to uninstall a few apps that replicated android 5 functions.
A few disappointments, they didn't integrate any way to customize the lock screen, so since I won't be able to turn my light on from the lockscreen I'll have to continue to use a third party app to do it.
The promise of improved battery life does not appear to have materialized.
Samsung did not include the ability to make guest accounts for phone access.
The settings screen still scrolls down and not the android l way of flipping to the right.
Animation speeds have improved. Pressing the home key would sometime takes a few seconds to change along with other animations. Samsung improved and seems to have mostly fixed that problem.

Happy to have finally gotten L, but hate that samsung likes to change what goggle does by taking out some of the core functions.
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown”
ImageImage
Steam: xoth99 / Evolve: xoth / Raptr: xoth99 / Origin: xoth99