Halo CE Server Filming in Spectator Mode

Any and all Halo Server News Here
DoorM4n

Halo CE Server Filming in Spectator Mode

Post by DoorM4n »

Hey guys,

I am looking to do some filming in an Ash Server in Halo CE via spectator mode. I have been trying to track down an admin of the server while playing, but I have yet to find one.

All I would need is to be moved to /spectator mode while in the server and this should remove all of the markers on players and allow me a clean slate to record.

Is this something an admin could help me with?

Thank you,
DoorM4n
Mandalor

Re: Halo CE Server Filming in Spectator Mode

Post by Mandalor »

Er I don't think there is a spectator mode in game o.O

Even if you could, it would be a third party tool and wouldn't be allowed on our servers.

Taken from our rules:
* NO CHEATING: We believe in a fair game for all players, consisting of pure skill and good sportsmanship. There is nothing that ruins this faster than a cheating player. If you believe a 3rd party application you may be using can give you an advantage over other players in the servers, it would be safe to simply disengage it or stay clear of our servers.
-Mandalor
97 Aimbot Catches | 35 ESP Catches

Steam: The Deer Hunter | Evolve: theniteowl | Raptr: theniteowl | Origin: 90sguy
ImageImage
Resigned - 29 September, 2015
Colonel - 7 March, 2015
Saint of the Month - 3 March, 2015
Major - 10 January, 2015
Captain - 9 June, 2014
Lieutenant - 22 November, 2013
Saint of the Month - 18 July, 2013
Sergeant -12 July, 2013
Corporal - 8 June, 2013
Private - 9 May, 2013
Applicant - 9 May, 2013
A§H»WillRok

Post by A§H»WillRok »

A§H»Mandalor wrote:Er I don't think there is a spectator mode in game o.O

Even if you could, it would be a third party tool and wouldn't be allowed on our servers.

Taken from our rules:
* NO CHEATING: We believe in a fair game for all players, consisting of pure skill and good sportsmanship. There is nothing that ruins this faster than a cheating player. If you believe a 3rd party application you may be using can give you an advantage over other players in the servers, it would be safe to simply disengage it or stay clear of our servers.
-Mandalor

"an advantage over other players"

Recording other people playing while using something like flycam isn't giving you an advantage over anyone seeing as you yourself are not actually playing. If he was using flycam to see where people were so that he could kill them then it wouldn't be allowed, but according to those rules simply using something like flycam to just record people playing without playing yourself is just fine. Why you would want to do this is beyond me.

As for being in some kind of spectator mode to remove arrows above people's heads, I don't know if that exists, and as far as I know there aren't any programs out there that will do something like that. If you knew someone that coded programs for halo then I'm sure they could make one that removes the arrows from players heads but I doubt any coders would still be willing to put any effort into making anymore programs for halo at this point. Your best option (providing that the ASH leaders are ok with you recording other people playing while using something such as flycam) would be to use flycam and go on a server with a slayer gametype so that there won't be any arrows above people's heads.
Impulse: JAMIE
°jamie: HELLO
Impulse: wait
Impulse: is this jamie
Impulse: or is it her brother
°jamie: this time its me
°jamie: he plays rocket league
°jamie: on my account
°jamie: lol
Impulse: but how do i know
°jamie: usually i tell him to go offline tho
°jamie: >_>
Impulse: say something only jamie would know
°jamie: because i'm jamie
°jamie: and i'm not mean
°jamie: and we played portal 2 together
°jamie: once
°jamie: :D
Impulse: LOL
Impulse: yep
Impulse: you're jamie
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

I appreciate the replies guys.

I weighed all my options and initially thought that there was a spectator mode. In fact, I believe I have been in spectator mode before, and that supported my thoughts. Anyhow, I'm looking to compile some footage of red vs blue style Halo. I'm looking for raw combat that is team based. This is all going toward a project I'm working on. Ideally, I would use flycam and observe the CTF game. CTF is also an important component, as I'd like footage of the flag runners.

In no way was I ever considering cheating for this. I'm simply looking to record combat.

Another alternative would be to change the gametype on a server so that friendly indicators would be off, but that, I feel, would be asking too much from a random user who just visited the forums.

Thanks again.
A§H»Asi
ASH General
ASH General

Post by A§H»Asi »

You'll have to talk to a General in order to get permission (which, again, is not guaranteed).

Join us in TS3 at: ts.theashclan.com

One of the Generals should be online during the day tomorrow and you can discuss this with them.
Asi | Greg
Mandalor

Post by Mandalor »

WillRok wrote:
A§H»Mandalor wrote:Er I don't think there is a spectator mode in game o.O

Taken from our rules:
-Mandalor

"an advantage over other players"

Recording other people playing while using something like flycam isn't giving you an advantage over anyone seeing as you yourself are not actually playing. If he was using flycam to see where people were so that he could kill them then it wouldn't be allowed, but according to those rules simply using something like flycam to just record people playing without playing yourself is just fine. Why you would want to do this is beyond me.
Giving somebody the possibility of using a flycam allows allows them the advantage of comunicating with the other team on flag locations and player locations. It is an advantage. It's a third party tool. Allowing people in the future to use it for just 'recording' could allow the possibility of cheating, that is why we don't allow third party tools all together. Someone saying they just wanted to 'sight jack' a botter might actually just be sight jacking another player. It would become an excuse.

May I remind you that you are no longer a member and your continue persistence to deliberate things on the forums such as rules, has no place here.
-Mandalor

Steam: The Deer Hunter | Evolve: theniteowl | Raptr: theniteowl | Origin: 90sguy
ImageImage
Colonel - 7 March, 2015
Major - 10 January, 2015
Captain - 9 June, 2014
Sergeant -12 July, 2013
Corporal - 8 June, 2013
Private - 9 May, 2013
Applicant - 9 May, 2013
A§H»WillRok

Post by A§H»WillRok »

A§H»Mandalor wrote:Giving somebody the possibility of using a flycam allows allows them the advantage of comunicating with the other team on flag locations and player locations. It is an advantage. It's a third party tool. Allowing people in the future to use it for just 'recording' could allow the possibility of cheating, that is why we don't allow third party tools all together. Someone saying they just wanted to 'sight jack' a botter might actually just be sight jacking another player. It would become an excuse.

May I remind you that you are no longer a member and your continue persistence to deliberate things on the forums such as rules, has no place here.
-Mandalor

I'm am not giving him permission to do anything, I'm simply stating that according to the rules he should be allowed to record other players gameplay, which, providing that this is all he does, he will not have any advantage nor will he be giving anyone else an advantage since he is not interested in either side winning but simply interested in capturing the ensuing gameplay for video playback purposes.

As a former Major I am only giving my opinion/knowledge on matters, whether it is taken into consideration or not is left up to the leaders.

Again, he is not looking to gain or give anyone an advantage, he is simply looking to record gameplay footage of other people playing so that he can make a video from it, this is not something that ASH rules prohibits (however it would still be wise to talk to leadership before doing anything).

One way to do this would be to have a clan event or something like that in a private server and just turn markers off in the gametype and have whatshisface record the gameplay. This would give him what he wants while also providing a clan game for clan members to enjoy.
Impulse: JAMIE
°jamie: HELLO
Impulse: wait
Impulse: is this jamie
Impulse: or is it her brother
°jamie: this time its me
°jamie: he plays rocket league
°jamie: on my account
°jamie: lol
Impulse: but how do i know
°jamie: usually i tell him to go offline tho
°jamie: >_>
Impulse: say something only jamie would know
°jamie: because i'm jamie
°jamie: and i'm not mean
°jamie: and we played portal 2 together
°jamie: once
°jamie: :D
Impulse: LOL
Impulse: yep
Impulse: you're jamie
Mandalor

Post by Mandalor »

WillRok wrote:
A§H»Mandalor wrote:Giving somebody the possibility of using a flycam allows allows them the advantage of comunicating with the other team on flag locations and player locations. It is an advantage. It's a third party tool. Allowing people in the future to use it for just 'recording' could allow the possibility of cheating, that is why we don't allow third party tools all together. Someone saying they just wanted to 'sight jack' a botter might actually just be sight jacking another player. It would become an excuse.

-Mandalor

I'm am not giving him permission to do anything, I'm simply stating that according to the rules he should be allowed to record other players gameplay, which, providing that this is all he does, he will not have any advantage nor will he be giving anyone else an advantage since he is not interested in either side winning but simply interested in capturing the ensuing gameplay for video playback purposes.
So we are to take the word of someone that they are only filming? Absolutely not. This fellow here seems like a good person and he wouldn't be doing it for his own advantage but allowing others to do it gives the possibility that they might using it for their own advantage. I'm not saying that he would use use it for his own advantage, I'm saying he could use it for his own advantage. The rule stands to all and we cannot take the word of any player. Doing so would leave the opportunities for others to do it. It serves the same function as sight jacker. It could become an excuse.
-Mandalor

ImageImage
Colonel - 7 March, 2015
Major - 10 January, 2015
Captain - 9 June, 2014
Sergeant -12 July, 2013
Corporal - 8 June, 2013
Private - 9 May, 2013
Applicant - 9 May, 2013
HR_Shaft

Post by HR_Shaft »

There are scripts in both SAPP and Phasor that allow spectator mode, which prevent any form of game advantage.

Discussed here: http://opencarnage.net/index.php?/forum ... r-scripts/

Look for Sapp/Phasor spectator mode scripts.

Script allows admins to spectate without taking or giving damage, and not visible to other players, cannot interact with weapons, equipment or vehicles. An admin could grant low admin rights to allow this, and also not give any gameplay advantage.

And by the way, hi. Some of you already know and love/despise me, idc. :P Happy gaming. Check out my newest script "Vehicle Cloaking" in the same area. If you want this or other tools, make a request.
Mandalor

Post by Mandalor »

HR_Shaft wrote:There are scripts in both SAPP and Phasor that allow spectator mode, which prevent any form of game advantage.

Discussed here: http://opencarnage.net/index.php?/forum ... r-scripts/

Look for Sapp/Phasor spectator mode scripts.

Script allows admins to spectate without taking or giving damage, and not visible to other players, cannot interact with weapons, equipment or vehicles. An admin could grant low admin rights to allow this, and also not give any gameplay advantage.

And by the way, hi. Some of you already know and love/despise me, idc. :P Happy gaming. Check out my newest script "Vehicle Cloaking" in the same area. If you want this or other tools, make a request.
We'd probably never use that since it can give advantages to player locations and such >.>
-Mandalor

ImageImage
Colonel - 7 March, 2015
Major - 10 January, 2015
Captain - 9 June, 2014
Sergeant -12 July, 2013
Corporal - 8 June, 2013
Private - 9 May, 2013
Applicant - 9 May, 2013