A§H Clan Teamspeak

Post for anything in the forums that dosn't belong anywhere else. Not the place for spam.
Thunder

A§H Clan Teamspeak

Post by Thunder »

A§H Clan just got a Teamspeak server and it's just something we're trying out, no guarantees it will stay.

But, while it's here, feel free to join it, everyones welcome!

The IP is: 74.91.114.220

Join us!
A§H»KGB
A§H Reserve
A§H Reserve

Re: A§H Clan Teamspeak

Post by A§H»KGB »

Instead of paying for a server, why don't we use Skype? It's free. :thunbsup
Those that I kill are noobs - Those that kill me are cheating noobs
A§H»rUnRiÕt

Post by A§H»rUnRiÕt »

A§H»KGB wrote:Instead of paying for a server, why don't we use Skype? It's free. :thunbsup
The problem with skype is it is a bandwidth eater and would make halo lag for most people
Bot Catches: 7
A§H»KGB
A§H Reserve
A§H Reserve

Post by A§H»KGB »

It's WAY LESS then X-Fire. It's never lagged any game I've been on and I use it for HALO and CoD4 all the time.
Those that I kill are noobs - Those that kill me are cheating noobs
A§H»rUnRiÕt

Post by A§H»rUnRiÕt »

A§H»KGB wrote:It's WAY LESS then X-Fire. It's never lagged any game I've been on and I use it for HALO and CoD4 all the time.
The thing is, we are gonna be having a ton of people on at the same time, and not everyone has a great connection (sorry crash, you fit into this category) so that actually will cause lag for OTHER people, as far as I've seen
Bot Catches: 7
A§H»Crash
ASH General
ASH General

Post by A§H»Crash »

We're paying for a VPS, and we can shove like 6 Halo servers at the least on to it. We can also do any other kind of server we want, so I'm trying out Teamspeak for now.

Doing a VPS has it's ups and downs. For example, if it were to crash then 6 Halo servers are rendered inoperable until a Leader can reboot them all. Although we can easily throw up more Halo servers using a VPS too, and it's incredibly more managable and cheaper.

Long story short: We're just trying it out for now, no gurantees anything is staying.
Crash, of the Commonwealth of Virginia, Founder of the Armored Saints of Halo.
Panther, Gator, and member of the Tribe.
Stogie

Post by Stogie »

Is it teamspeak 3 or teamspeak?

A§H»Crash
ASH General
ASH General

Post by A§H»Crash »

ÑE»RANGTANG wrote:Is it teamspeak 3 or teamspeak?
Teamspeak 3
Crash, of the Commonwealth of Virginia, Founder of the Armored Saints of Halo.
Panther, Gator, and member of the Tribe.
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

have you tried mumble? they usually have really good deals the more slots you get, and im pretty sure there is no taxes, so you just pay for the slots, not the program. We use it for alot of GW2 events in my guild.

ie. 25 users is $10 USD, the price for the server per month is $10 USD

edit: plus the more months you pay for at once the bigger the discount (paying 1 month to 1 month is 0% discount)

is. 25 user slot server for $10 USD 1 month to 1 month, pay for 3 months at once and theres a 10% discount. so if one month is 10, 3 would be 30, 10% discount, ($3 USD) leaves the price at $27 USD, saving $3 USD.

The more months you pay for at once, the more money you save overall.
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” - Marianne Williamson, 'A Return To Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles'