Why AMD Is Inferior:

Enter your questions, tips and tricks about software, hardware, electronics, etc. Help and be helped.
Mandalor

Re: Why AMD Is Inferior:

Post by Mandalor »

Holy geez. Guys I am confused by looking at what you guys are doing :P My laptop can barely play Halo.
-Mandalor
97 Aimbot Catches | 35 ESP Catches

Steam: The Deer Hunter | Evolve: theniteowl | Raptr: theniteowl | Origin: 90sguy
ImageImage
Resigned - 29 September, 2015
Colonel - 7 March, 2015
Saint of the Month - 3 March, 2015
Major - 10 January, 2015
Captain - 9 June, 2014
Lieutenant - 22 November, 2013
Saint of the Month - 18 July, 2013
Sergeant -12 July, 2013
Corporal - 8 June, 2013
Private - 9 May, 2013
Applicant - 9 May, 2013
VØLTÅG£

Post by VØLTÅG£ »

Fandom aside, I chose AMD both as my procesor (AMD Phenom II x6 1100T hexcore) and video card (Radeon HD 6870) manufacturer. Now I'm not partial to either, and each have their pros and cons. If one was truly inferior, well there wouldn't be much debate between both parties, now would they? Everyone would go for the one whose quality was unquestionably better, even if it was more expensive. Because in the end, if you chose the cheaper product that was of poor quality in comparison to more expensive alternatives, you would end up paying more in the end to replace it once it doesn't work as well as it should.

As for me, when I chose the components of my custom built PC, I wanted something that was future proof, made of good parts that would not crap out on me after a couple years of use, and something that would give me some "bang for my buck." AMD was my choice. I had it built 2 1/2 years ago and it still works beautifully. No matter what new game comes out and how detailed the graphics are, my PC can handle it on the highest settings without skipping a beat. The lowest FPS my PC gets on any game is 60, but it can clock in at 300. So the AMD and Intel fanboys can argue about which is better until they're blue in the face, in the end I'll chose what suits my needs.
ImageImage
ImageImage
A§H»WillRok

Post by A§H»WillRok »

Suika! wrote:
A§H»Spec wrote:I didn't say it would. And in all honesty, if I could only spend $800 I'd go for the 8350, it's brilliant. There was another point to this topic, I needed to improve a writing style.
This entire thread is why Intel is overall better and why you should never buy AMD for any reason because Intel is always better. That is this thread, that is everything you implied here.
A§H»WillRok wrote:"Despite AMD making the best brilliant GPUs on the market today"

nVida GTX Titan > every other graphics card made

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html
Impulse: JAMIE
°jamie: HELLO
Impulse: wait
Impulse: is this jamie
Impulse: or is it her brother
°jamie: this time its me
°jamie: he plays rocket league
°jamie: on my account
°jamie: lol
Impulse: but how do i know
°jamie: usually i tell him to go offline tho
°jamie: >_>
Impulse: say something only jamie would know
°jamie: because i'm jamie
°jamie: and i'm not mean
°jamie: and we played portal 2 together
°jamie: once
°jamie: :D
Impulse: LOL
Impulse: yep
Impulse: you're jamie
«DG»Suika

Post by «DG»Suika »

Benchmarks are always skewed, neither AMD or Nvidia focus on one overall function, it's more "we can do this better" while the other says the same with another function. Truth is, both cards excel at what they're designed for. An example being that there is no logical explanation for a $1,000 HD 7990 to be less powerful than the $400 GTX 770. AMD would be run out of business in the GPU market if that were the case.

You purchase your GPU depending on your budget or desired function, not because one of them has the GTX Titan. That's a retarded method of purchasing items, and why I told Spec this entire argument is stupid.
Get busy living.
Travis

Post by Travis »

Suika! wrote:That's a retarded method of purchasing items, and why I told Spec this entire argument is stupid.
In your opinion. Am I not entitled to mine? Hmm, this reminds me of a place...
VOX

Post by VOX »

Guy's , relax , it's "only" a chip ;) ;)

P.S This is meant as a joke, so please , don't rip my head of... :D
See you in the Haloverse, but hey, don't run, you'll just die tired!!

Former ASH-Clan General.
Mandalor

Post by Mandalor »

Lol Vox. Geez those kids don't stop :lol:
-Mandalor

Steam: The Deer Hunter | Evolve: theniteowl | Raptr: theniteowl | Origin: 90sguy
ImageImage
Colonel - 7 March, 2015
Major - 10 January, 2015
Captain - 9 June, 2014
Sergeant -12 July, 2013
Corporal - 8 June, 2013
Private - 9 May, 2013
Applicant - 9 May, 2013
Travis

Post by Travis »

A§H»VOX wrote:Guy's , relax , it's "only" a chip ;) ;)

P.S This is meant as a joke, so please , don't rip my head of... :D
Just watched The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. Come on to see this, quite a different tone ;)
Mandalor

Post by Mandalor »

A§H»VOX wrote:Guy's , relax , it's "only" a chip :D
Rofl!!!!! Ha!!!! I didn't get that till now! I have to ageee this post has gone for quite a while :| I'm still confused about the first post.
-Mandalor

ImageImage
Colonel - 7 March, 2015
Major - 10 January, 2015
Captain - 9 June, 2014
Sergeant -12 July, 2013
Corporal - 8 June, 2013
Private - 9 May, 2013
Applicant - 9 May, 2013
«DG»Suika

Post by «DG»Suika »

A§H»Spec wrote:
Suika! wrote:That's a retarded method of purchasing items, and why I told Spec this entire argument is stupid.
In your opinion. Am I not entitled to mine? Hmm, this reminds me of a place...
Opinion? No, that's fact. You can't expect a $200 processor to compete seriously with a $320 processor, not even in multithreading.

If you have $320 to spare, buy the i7, by all means. I'd love to have one myself, and the only reason I didn't get it is because I didn't have $900 to spare. If you don't have such a budget restriction, and want to keep a powerful CPU at a decent price, the FX-8320 and 8350 are great for their prices as compared to the more expensive Intel route.

Intel is powerful, AMD is price to performance. Most the Phenom and FX processors beat Intel in price to performance, but processors like the i7-2600k ($280) still beat AMD's top processors in overall power.

For $40-60 more, the i5-4670k beats the FX-8350 significantly in single threaded performance and is tied for multithreaded applications. Issue is, is that additional $40-80 worth it for a gamer and single threaded applications when most game developers will begin developing games around 8 core processors from here on out? Again, if I had the money, I would have gotten it, but the LGA1150 motherboards were actually so expensive that I could have gotten an i7-3770k for only $15 more. Now, though, I still recommend an i5-4670k and GTX 760 build for higher budget gamers, and FX-8350 and HD 7870 from those slightly lower. To each their own.

I don't understand the last bit. Regardless, both belong to their own. Realize that before saying AMD is horrible.
Get busy living.