just a little help?

Any and all Halo Server News Here
A§H»TravisDrake

just a little help?

Post by A§H»TravisDrake »

:awesome: If you would like to try out my version of the Infinity map...
PLEASE feel free to bring a friend and join at:

66.55.149.252:2302

This map will be up 24/7 on a hosted server. It is not listed so you have to join direct IP.
If you have a friend GREAT! all are welcome to come test & suggest changes. :ashlogo:

:sofa: I am looking for advice and help in running the Halo Infinity map I made.

I have PM'd two of you who were suggested as experts in the subject, and after 4-5 days, yet no reply.

I would love some advice on selecting software to run the map. I would love to hear an opinion on who is a low ping Halo host server. I have asked several times why our Infinity map has no name on it, or a shortcut from our servers page?

Some of the things I would like to try and add to my map are:

- Flashlight super run

- Longer penalty time for betrayals (like 5-10min)

- T-bag can be fun too

- still no welcome msg showing... do I need a file named MOTD.txt for that?

- Lastly, for testing I need people to play it. I would like to list my map next to our other Infinity map. I have tried many times to get a blank name... I am out of guesses on that one.

:ashlogo:
I created this Infinity map because Halo map tools lets you add an 8 power scope on my pistol, and the same for the rocket launcher. I added a 2 power zoom to the assault rifle and to the shotgun as well. When you save this to your version of the map, it only works on your side view. You shoot the same bullets with the same damage and range, but you have a HUGE deadly advantage with the 8 power scope. I agree that this an unfair advantage and by the wording of our rules, could be thought of as cheating. Therefore, I will stay in my own map. All I ask is a little help and advice from ASH clan.
Last edited by A§H»TravisDrake on April 26th, 2015, 11:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
VOX

Re: just a little help?

Post by VOX »

Votekick is giving quit some trouble in our zombie servers, so that might not be a such a good idea..
also I hate it when you get kicked out because you're kicking some butt and the only way they can stop it is votekicking .

I might try and play it.
See you in the Haloverse, but hey, don't run, you'll just die tired!!

Former ASH-Clan General.
A§H»TravisDrake

I have looked at but not tried phasor, looks to me like SAPP might be the better program to run a map?

- Also till trying to set the game points from 3 to 10. (init.txt) sv_ ???
- my friendly fire is on obviously. that sucks! lol
- how to get a blank name on Halo server?
Uuu ugh... :banghead:

- Does ASH use gameservers.com? If I uploaded my map there do I still need a server ext program like sapp or phasor? or does it have something different?
Last edited by A§H»TravisDrake on April 25th, 2015, 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A§H»Doctor

Post by A§H»Doctor »

Best of luck to yah mate, I know a few things, but it's been awhile. To answer your question no we do not use game servers. -cheers
~dw
dr who
A§H For Life.

A§H»Crash
ASH General
ASH General

Post by A§H»Crash »

Hey Travis, we'll run this on the members server if you'd like. Get a clan game going for it!
Crash, of the Commonwealth of Virginia, Founder of the Armored Saints of Halo.
Panther, Gator, and member of the Tribe.
A§H»TravisDrake

Are you kidding? wow that would beyond awesome for ash to try it out. :w00t:

oooh wait I don't think I have access to that map yet?

Just tell me how you want me to send you the Infinity.map :awesome:

[xfirevideo]634a56[/xfirevideo]

I haven't tested much player vs player, only a few weapon mods:

-Starting weapons are assault rifle and pistol. (They have no ammo loss, and none are on the map) I would love to add the energy sword to the starting weapons!

-Pistol has 2 and 8 power scope. (no reload)

-Assault rifle and shotgun have 2 power scope

-Assault rifle shoots 2 bullets (no reload)

-Shotgun has added force like ASH Infinity's (standard clip)

(Shotgun suggested: to move clip down to just 1 round)

-Needler has 2 projectiles and no ammo loss. (no reload)

-Rocket launcher clip has been moved down to 2 rounds. Then you are stuck with the empty gun and have to find something to switch with. This weapon is extremely deadly in Diablo Infinity, with a 12 round clip. There is little or no defense against it.

-the plasma pistol, flame thrower, pistol, and assault rifles were removed. (too many items and the editor starts changing the icon, that's confusing!)

- The turrets are only good for 1 thing. You cannot be betrayed while in one. However, the editor was making them change icons, and acting funny until I deleted them. It kept deleting my banshees. Too many vehicles on the map I imagine. So no turrets...sorry!

- I added more ghosts near the ports, so you can either kill who is chasing you or get away.

- I added a ton of ports going all over. Most are the same as Diablo Infinity. Mostly they were just made more symmetrical.

- Added 1 banshee to each base, and 2 banshees in the canyon area. This and the added ports gives us more options when a game is locked and both flags are out. Now both flag holders can meet in the middle for what ever kind of combat they agree on.

-Added 2 tanks to the canyon area and increased their speed a little to compensate for the rough terrain.

- Lastly I made the chaingun warthog have just a little more damage. Never seemed to kill anything with one of them in Diablo Infinity.

If I remember anything else, I will come back and edit this...

THANKS! and sorry so long winded.
çöókêz

Post by çöókêz »

A suggestion maybe? I really like these ideas, especially the starting weapon of a energy sword that's super bad ass. As far as everything I can see it all looks really cool, but is there anyway to add like a barrier so to say for the two flag holders to meet at said teleports and combat it out to the death? That way no one else from ether team is able to come in besides the two flag holders? I don't know if that's possible or not, but even if you can't put it in I really do like the idea of having like a "designated" area for the two flag holders (if they wish) to meet up at and decide on some form of combat to see who retains the flag and returns theirs. I don't know anything about how to help you sorry Travis :l
A§H»TravisDrake

That was my suggestion almost identical wording! lol then I wanted the winner to get tossed out.
I still love that idea, but I have a TON to learn about Halo and editing yet. I am confused by a few things myself...

- When I start sparkedit & look at the map, there are tons of things that are not visible on the actual map. As I add more vehicles the editor starts changing what things look like. I deleted the invisible vehicles and everything starts looking right again. I add more vehicles and it does it again. I deleted the turrets (turrets are vehicles) and everything returns to normal. I cannot add more vehicles without the editor acting funny at this point. I see no difference between the visible & invisible items.

- Maybe I didn't download or extract the tags folder or extras or something. I cannot swap or add things that are not already on the map. Only the vehicles will use the swap option in the editor.
A§H»TravisDrake

OK I screwed up... I forgot the number one rule ASH Marshy told me.

People out there are playing a standard map and only see that version. Anything like scenery will only be seen on your end. In my videos you can see some of the beacon lights spelling out ASH clan. That stuff had to be removed from the host server version. I just finished it a few min ago.

I feel so silly after a day goofing off and adding things to the map that no one will ever see. unless you download my version of Infinity and replace yours.

I loved ASH Cookiez idea. I had the same idea when I consulted a friend about what changes could be made to the game... SADLY, rule number 1 kind of squashes all that. I can probably build a 1 vs 1 player box, but everyone playing would have to download that same map. Great for us, but those who play with a longer ping would probably not like it. :thumbup3:

:awesome: If you would like to try out my version of the Infinity map...
PLEASE feel free to bring a friend and join at:

66.55.149.252:2302

This map will be up 24/7 on a hosted server. It is not listed so you have to join direct IP.
If you have a friend GREAT! all are welcome to come test & suggest changes. :ashlogo: