Hello

Introduce yourself here! The clan would love to see new faces so we know who to slaughter in Halo.
CommanderGoose

Hello

Post by CommanderGoose »

Hi, my name is Jamie, I go by CommanderGoose on every game related platform (if the Commander thing is a problem in a clan situation, I don’t mind changing it).

I’m 27 (F) and I’m from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. I studied IT Networking and am currently changing career paths into dermal science. I enjoy anything outdoors, fishing, camping, riding motorbikes, gardening, hikes and of course, video games.

Halo Combat Evolved was my all time favourite childhood and teenaged game. I just fired up custom edition for the first time in years, wanting to relive some nostalgia and check out some of my old favourite custom maps, when I noticed several ASH clan servers… with people in them. I couldn’t believe my eyes! I didn't want to be rude and barge in, so I came straight over here to apply.

Back in the day, I was a pretty decent Halo player, however, I’m very sure I’ll need to train up (a lot), as my twitchy shooter skills have lapsed (and that's putting it lightly). I’ve spent the last 5 years mostly playing open world RPGs, single player FPS and VR.

My favourite Halo game types are Slayer, CTF and Race (I used to be nearly unbeatable at Race lol, but that will 100% no longer be the case). My favourite maps are Danger Canyon, Gephyrophobia, Sidewinder and Chill Out... ah heck, I love em all, even Infinity, anyone else play cops and robbers there back in the day?

I really miss the old days of Halo CE, 8 of us in an Xfire chat room, playing a few rounds of CTF at BG. Unfortunately, the few players I stumbled across the last time I tried to play, used wallhacks and spoiled the fun. I was pretty surprised today when I saw not one, but several servers with you guys in them.

I have a mic and use Steam and Discord.

Fun bonus fact about me. If you check the halomaps.org screenshot clan list, #5 on the list, AGirl, is me lol. I used to go by AGirl in game because back in the day, there weren’t many chicks around and I thought seeing “XYZ was killed by AGirl”, was quite funny. Yes, I had a stunningly mature sense of humour.

I’m off to fill in my application, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers, mates.
A§H»Stealth
ASH General
ASH General

Re: Hello

Post by A§H»Stealth »

Welcome to the forums, CommanderGoose! It's nice to see another veteran player around these days. Things just haven't been the same since Xfire closed down... But I think you'll find that there are many players here with a dedication to keeping the game clean and enjoyable.

We'd love to chat with you! Feel free to drop by our Discord server (dc.theashclan.org). We're on most evenings (8PM GMT-5 ish).

Hope to see you soon!
Personal High Score:
Special thanks to the gang of usuals and the new Server 8: 2200 2 February 2014
Testing the new server 1 with Shimmer, Jordan, BoPeep, and Crash: 2245 26 May 2015
A§H»VISION
ASH General
ASH General

Re: Hello

Post by A§H»VISION »

Welcome to the A§H Clan Forums, CommanderGoose! Great memories Halo brings.
Image Leader, General and Moderator of the Armored Saints of Halo Clan.