Supplements?

Post for anything in the forums that dosn't belong anywhere else. Not the place for spam.
Travis

Supplements?

Post by Travis »

Does anyone take any supplements to assist you with your exercise and training? If so, what do you take? And why?

Personally, I take good old, simple whey protein powder, particularly VitalStrength Total+ so as to effectively get high quality protein. It's low in carbohydrates which works with my current diet and it's also extremely well priced ($1AUD a serve, roughly, made in Australia too). It is generally just a major help for me, as I will train on average a solid two hours a day, some days it may reach 3-5 hours.

Creatine Monohydrates I am also planning to start taking, as I am beginning to reach a plateau in my muscular endurance, also that I'm wanting to increase my lifting weight for certain exercises. I'm at 65 push ups and typically one will begin to see reduced improvement when you reach 65-70, also I'm only able to bench my body-weight, which I want to improve significantly without costing (too much) my muscular endurance.

E: I also work as a sports trainer.
UnTalWolf

Re: Supplements?

Post by UnTalWolf »

._. Well this is clearly off topic. :-P
A§H»Ranger

Post by A§H»Ranger »

Ditto on the protein powder, haven't 100% seen the benefits of it yet, but I don't really use it 100% regularly so that would be why.
A§H»rUnRiÕt - "You know what confuses me about you?"
Me - "What?"
A§H»rUnRiÕt - "You're black and you play Halo... Thats a very rare thing"
Me - "I'm not black"
Hyde

Post by Hyde »

Hey,

I went from 128 (cutting for d1 sailing) to 147 in a few months after eating well, gym 7x week, & high weight 8-10 reps 3-4 sets... hardly any cardio, I was on a ship.
PR bench 225..

I use animal pak, Serious Mass whey, casein (optimum nutrition), & fish oil... Don't spend the money on creatine it's not worth the water/money/liver damage/bulk imo. I needed to bulk up and I thought this supplement path was the best for me... I'll break them down.

-----
Animal pak- bodybuilding multivitamin. They're like a horse pills (sidenote they are good for gaming too, keeps your mind sharp). Helps you feel overall better.

Serious Mass whey- Wanted to bulk up for the grills. I'm naturally an ectomorph so I need a inflated diet but not so much that I'm dirty bulking.

Casein- helped overnight muscle growth and made me ALOT less sore... pair this with a shitton of water, muscles need water as much as protein.

Fish Oil- Family heart problems so I'm trying to be proactive.
----
God tier foods:

Quaker Oats. Oh my god yes.
Bananas/apples.
Peanutbutter.
---
what i started out with... http://divinezeal.com/files/pdf/Zyzzs-B ... -Bible.pdf
"I don't play games. I just crunch numbers."