Autobalance on the servers...

Any and all Halo Server News Here
A§H»Muzzle
A§H Reserve
A§H Reserve

Autobalance on the servers...

Post by A§H»Muzzle »

...needs to be turned on.

Just left the DC server because it was 13v3 (13 on red). When I came into the server (on red) there were 11 people on blue. As I proceeded to destroy the other team with a sniper (I went 25-0 and there was another good capper on our team who scored 2 flags while the rest of blue was occupied with me), people gradually started to change to red. I managed to steal both tanks back and brought them back to my base, and that made 3 people change. The people on blue that I had stole them from (they brought them a little too far from base) switched to red with the intention of driving them back to blue then switching back. The only way I prevented that was putting them in the walls of the base so they couldn't be moved. A few more minutes of keeping them all confined to their base (managed to get to 55-8 for a kill death ratio), I pressed F1 and noticed the imbalance, so I left. I've also had this problem (although not as extreme) in the past on other ASH servers. It's not uncommon to see 10v6.

The game has features to auto-correct this type of stuff (sv_autobalance 1), and admins can't be in there 24/7 and responding to stuff like that. Wallhopping continues to be a huge issue as well (normally I have to tell someone to just spam nade the back wall, and I've spawned along the back wall right as a ghost was ramming someone through and actually rammed me through). I know the people (mainly from POQ) who have been developing the scripts to prevent stuff like this, and the scripts work well. If you try to wallhop in a POQ server, as soon as you go into the wall you automatically die and it says a message just to you "Wallhopping is illegal in this server!". In the ASH server you have to get an admin in there, warn them several times, kick them a few times, and then temp ban them. I don't think most of the people doing it are even aware of the rule. Having a script that automatically kills them and tells them would be a nice reminder. Normally when I tell them to stop I'm met with some unkind words and I have to threaten to bring an admin for them to stop. The script would avoid the rule violation, the confrontation, making other rule-abiding players mad, and the hassle of getting an admin/kicking, etc.

There are similar things for wallers, botters, and other types of cheating. Most Halo servers use them now, and I think it's long past due to bring our servers up to the same level. It's like everyone else using Blueray players and Netflix and we still using a VCR.

But, despite these problems, for the most part the servers are good. Good maps cycles, no lag, lots to choose from, etc. We have some very talented people working to keep the servers as popular and good as they are, and I think these other 'auto-assistance' programs would help get rid of the bad apples (or just prevent them from cheating) and make them more desirable for everyone.

/rant
I'm a transportation engineer, don't make me mad or I'll build a highway through your front yard!

Evolve: musket93
Youtube: muzzzle93
Steam: musket93

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5X8bOBSp0M
=CE=Shy
ASH Ally
ASH Ally

Re: Autobalance on the servers...

Post by =CE=Shy »

I shall summarize the post:

Paragraph 1: I owned the lads in an uneven match of 13 vs 3 but I oppose this and auto balance should be set up.

Paragraph 2: The number of bots,wallhoppers have risen. We need updated scripts to prevent the wallhops atleast.

Paragraph 3: I love you guys and are very dedicated to keeping the servers clean but try using auto balance.

P.s I love Shy.
A§H»Crash
ASH General
ASH General

Re: Autobalance on the servers...

Post by A§H»Crash »

=CE=Shy wrote:I shall summarize the post:

Paragraph 1: I owned the lads in an uneven match of 13 vs 3 but I oppose this and auto balance should be set up.

Paragraph 2: The number of bots,wallhoppers have risen. We need updated scripts to prevent the wallhops atleast.

Paragraph 3: I love you guys and are very dedicated to keeping the servers clean but try using auto balance.

P.s I love Shy.
Thank you Shy. Though I'm certain he left out the p.s. haha.

I'll start developing an anti-walljumping script.
Crash, of the Commonwealth of Virginia, Founder of the Armored Saints of Halo.
Panther, Gator, and member of the Tribe.